SpecialityChief Advisor, External R&D and Emerging Technologies at Philip Morris International
Chief Advisor, External R&D and Emerging Technologies at Philip Morris InternationalAndrea Mills is an international executive with extensive experience in open innovation, external R&D, digital transformation, and technology investments (both as a corporate venture capitalist and an angel investor). Past executive roles include Chief Innovation Officer, Chief Transformation Officer, Head of Technology Intelligence and Corporate Venture Investments, Open Innovation Advisor.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- open innovation and external R&D;
- global technology intelligence;
- creation of new technology ventures;
- cross-industry strategic alliances;
- corporate venture capital (seed stage, early stage);
INDUSTRIES AND TECHNOLOGIES:
- FMCG, medtech, health and wellness (micro/nano sensors, bio-electronics, IoT, functional fabrics, drug delivery systems, lab-on-a-chip diagnostics, wearables);
- automotive and aerospace (advanced materials, high-performance composites, autonomous systems, next-gen batteries, future mobility);
- software (AR/VR, human-machine interfaces, cognitive AI, predictive analytics, knowledge management, SNA, complex data visualization, ID technologies).